Friday, April 26, 2013

Mini vacation

I am spending some of my days off this go round taking a mini-vacation.  Instead of going one place and spending several days, I've been making day trips to nearby towns.  Today, I hit up Waxahachie, which--if you've read this blog for very long--you know is one of my favorite destinations.
 
 
The spire of the Waxahachie court house

 
The CW Gibson building, one block off the square in Waxahachie.  From what I can find, it seems as though it was some sort of a mercantile.

 
It was "real fine."

 
See?  It was enough food for three meals, and quite yummy!

 
Isn't this the cutest little chair?  It's a child's chair with the name "Herbert Martin II" and "February 11, 1950 Texas" needlepointed on the cushion. 

 
Isn't this a cute little dresser?  It was so cute, it came home with me. 
 

I've been looking for something just like this to replace the heavy, dark nightstands that mom had. 
 
 
Tomorrow's junket is to Corsicana and then maybe Hillsboro if I have time.  I've been looking for vintage desk items for my den.  I let a remarkable old adding machine get away last month, and now I feel like there's a "void" to be filled.  I told you I was a hoarder, didn't I?  
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I simply LOVE that little dresser!! And the little chair - how cool is that? I wonder about who it originally belonged to!

    I think you should more like a "collector" - not a hoarder at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant 'I think you are more like a collector.' What the heck does that sentence even mean that I wrote at first?

      Delete

Thanks for reading Puff the Magic Dragon!