Thursday, May 17, 2012

In which I resurrect this little blog!

After years of neglect, I've decided to resurrect this blog!  I've been looking for a way to express myself, and I think maybe this is it.  Of course, I've been there before, but we'll see if this time I can make it work. 

To start anew, I'll tell you a little about my life then and now.  When I started this blog back in 2000 (2000?!--12 years ago), I was divorced, living in an apartment in Dallas, Texas.  I had a dog named Touchdown, a mom that I loved, a red Honda CR-V, and a job as a librarian.  Now 12 years later, almost everything has changed--except the "divorced" part. That's a constant; never going back down that road!

I live in a house in Garland, Texas now, actually it's the house I grew up in.  I have another house that I will be putting on the market sometime this summer.  I have three dogs--Sitka, a Siberian Husky, Juneau, an Alaskan Malamute, and Poquito Bandito, a Chihuahua.  I drive a bronze CR-V, and now I am the "Director of Institutional Support/Registrar" for the same college where I was the librarian.  My mom passed away earlier this year (which is why I have two houses, two cars, and three dogs). 

I'm pretty much alone, except for my friends and one close family member.  At least I'm free to do what I want.  Stay out until 3am, sleep all day, have wild parties, paint the house black--whatever I want, I can do it, with no interference!  Problem is, I don't really want to do any of those things.  I just want a nice, normal life.  I'm pretty uncomplicated.  I love my dogs, even the one I inherited; I love my stuff (I'm a collector/hoarder from way back); and I love my friends and family (the one family member I do have). 

Well, that's it for now.  I'll leave you with pictures of my children:





That's Juneau, the malamute.  He's a rescue dog, and at approximately 100 pounds, the biggest baby EVER!


This is Sitka, the husky.  She's also a rescue dog.  She's "Miss Independent" and is quite the diva.


And, last but not least, this is Poquito, the chihuahua.  He, too, is a rescue.  He was mom's dog, but she only got him in October 2011, and she passed away in January, so technically I've had him longer than she did.  He may be small, but I'm pretty sure he's the boss of us all!