Friday, September 14, 2012

Clean up in the spice aisle....

Another tick mark can now be checked off my giant To Do List.  The spice cabinet has now been cleaned, sorted, and arranged.  A small thing, but a victory nonetheless. 
 
The other day I showed some of the things I found when cleaning out this cabinet.  Here's what else I found:


 
I really think this bottle of McCormick "Ground Fancy Cloves" belonged to my grandmother, but maybe not.  All I know was when it was purchased, ground cloves cost .59 and were good for potato soup and cranberry sauce!

 
Here's another vintage item.  Hidden Valley Ranch Blue Cheese salad dressing mix--.43.  Please note that it is artificially flavored.  

 
This is Ann Page brand unflavored gelatin.  Ann Page?  Some quick research revealed that this was exclusively an A&P brand.  I can't even remember when the last time the Dallas area had an A&P store.  I think mom shopped at A&P when daddy was in medical school (yes, the 1950s!), so that gives me a clue of how old this stuff is. 
 
Here's the end result:
 
Beautiful!!

What should I tackle next?  The pantry, or getting all the culled books out of the study?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Puff the Magic Dragon!