Thursday, June 13, 2013

Back to the grind--part one

Well, the company is all gone--Martha left this afternoon to visit her brother and his family in Indiana.  I did have to check her bag to make sure she left Poquito behind, though!  We are all sad to see her go--the puppies love her just as much as I do.

I just realized that this was the longest vacation that I've had since I began working full-time in 1987!  If I hadn't had to have those dratted tests right in the middle, I would have enjoyed it so much more.  But you have to do what you have to do, right? 

Not only was this the longest vacation I've had in forever--it was very busy and eventful.  The first week of the break, my cousin Kris visited.  Kris is from Oklahoma and is the only one of my Oklahoma relatives who is brave enough to battle the Dallas traffic to visit me.  If you aren't used to it, Dallas traffic can be quite intimidating.  We did some shopping, in which she actually talked me into buying some new clothes (I abhor shopping for myself!).  We went to a party where she was definitely out of her element, but she fit in like she'd been in the same situation a million times.  We visited some antique stores, ate a lot, and just generally hung out and talked.  Unfortunately, she had to cut her visit short due to some impending bad weather in Oklahoma.  The day before she left, I slipped in my kitchen and fell; I managed to badly wrench both of my knees when I landed quite awkwardly.  I've been hobbling ever since!

On the 31st, I picked up Martha from the airport.  We had one day of fun, and then I had to get ready for those dang tests.  Let me just tell you, I was a complete and utter cranky-pants!  Not being able to eat was bad enough, but then having to drink that salty, grape-flavored stuff was just awful.  Not only that, after drinking 16 ounces of that (two CUPS!), I had to drink four more cups of water over the next hour.  So I was slightly nauseous, bloated, and dashing to the bathroom every two seconds!  I give Martha credit, she's a real trooper, and was so patient! 

The tests themselves were no big deal because I was sound asleep before I even realized that I was about to be put to sleep!  I woke up and felt like I'd had the best nap ever! 

Stay tuned for part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Puff the Magic Dragon!