Saturday, July 20, 2013

Big doings at the Parker house

Old bathroom light fixture
 
New and improved bathroom light fixture

The cheesy 1960s scrollwork from the lights
 
Completely new bathroom fixture, installed after I decided that "mid-century modern" just wasn't my thing, even though the light fixtures did look better without that tacky scrollwork
 
New light fixture in the guest bedroom.  It's a vintage-looking mini-chandelier. All the furniture in this room is antique, so I thought something vintage-looking would be pretty.  Real vintage is too expensive!
 
New drapes for the living room--to replace the "lovely" pink sheers in the background

More decorating "stuff"--new fabric for the living room chairs, a new pillow for the rocker in the office, and some other goodies

A vintage, purely decorative medicine cabinet for the bathroom

This poor broken thing is being replaced on Wednesday!
 
Yes, there are big doings at the Parker house!  I'm doing some renovations and replacing fixtures.  Look for a post on the completed projects--and a house tour--in August!

6 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic . . . how exciting! Love all the red pieces and can not wait to see the reveal in August :) Happy decorating xxx Red Stilletto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Red Stilletto--hopefully you'll be able to see it in person next year!! I think you'll love all the red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a brief tour! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got a brief tour! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your new light fixture in your guest bedroom. The design is classy and the light effect creates a warm and inviting atmosphere. It has a combination of vintage and contemporary vibe. And I think that's what makes it attractive. It's surely a wonderful addition to your room! Did you find it hard to install though?

    Cythia Trujillo @ Theta Electric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think the electricians found it pretty easy to install! lol

      I don't mess with electricity myself. I'm afflicted with clumsiness and I can easily imagine electrocuting myself! Besides, I'm not as young as I used to be and climbing on stools to do things leads to falling!

      Thanks for the compliments! This wasn't my first choice--but I do like it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading Puff the Magic Dragon!