Saturday, January 05, 2013

New Year's resolutions progress

How are you coming with your New Year's resolutions?


I'm proud to say that I'm doing pretty well with mine.  Here is my original list:

1. Read at least one book each week.
2. Watch at least one movie each week.
3. Complete my Project Life for 2013.
4. Visit my friend Martha in Seattle.
5. Keep my house reasonably clean (this is a big one).
6. Get my paperwork organized, especially the financial stuff.
7. Finish organizing and decorating my house.
8. Sell my other house.
9. Eat at home more.
10. Find a new hobby, project, or something to keep me occupied.
11. Finish a 365 photography project.
12. Finish reading the Bible.
13. Save money.

You'll notice that I added a couple of extra resolutions!

So far, during the first week of the year, I have finished a book and watched a movie (Thor, which I'd never seen).  I have reduced my eating out habit to 3-4 times per week (down from eating out every meal).  This is also helping me save money; some changes at work are forcing me to be more frugal (which I probably needed to do anyway).

I have the materials for my Project Life album, and have been collecting items to use.  My 365 photography project is also going well.  Check it out at my Flickr photostream.  If you know me, and you happen to see me carrying a teddy bear, you'll know I'm not crazy.  Well, maybe I am!

I still need to work on keeping the house clean and getting my finances organized. Those are lagging behind because they are things I really don't like to do.  And, since I will have more free time on my hands, I have definitely been thinking about that new hobby or project.  Maybe something that could earn some extra income!? 

So, how are you doing with your resolutions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Puff the Magic Dragon!